1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

another flight delay thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by playthrough, Mar 4, 2008.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

True. Indy really needs its new terminal (coming online later this year, allegedly.) There were only about 5 power outlets on my concourse, most not close to chairs. And no free internet, boooo.

So after eight hours of weather delays (about four of those on board the plane, in two different stints) my flight couldn't leave because of mechanical problems. Argh. I'm in an airport hotel 15 minutes from my house. That's actually the best thing to come of this because my flight tomorrow is (allegedly) 7 a.m. and I wouldn't want my wife on the icy roads coming to the airport. And because it's mechanical problems and not a weather cancellation, the hotel is free and Delta will cough up a travel voucher with a well-crafted letter to customer service. I've got a folder full of 'em.

2. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

But hey, there's that Dick Clark American Bandstand restaurant at the Indy airport. That's good eatin'

Draft saved Draft deleted