1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

another flight delay thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by playthrough, Mar 4, 2008.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

So I'm here in Indy, not able to get to Atlanta due to freezing rain here and bad weather there. Whatever.

At first we sat on the plane for 90 minutes, going nowhere, until the pilot mercifully set us free to go back in the terminal. During that time the flight attendants gave us water but a guy next to me asked if he could buy a beer. The attendant said he could not because the airline's liquor license wasn't valid on the ground. OK, but how does that explain the first-class passengers who booze it up before takeoff on every flight I've ever seen?

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Maybe because you can't SELL, but you can DISPENSE?

Just a guess.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

But the good news is that the player personnel/scouts in the seats to your sides are very svelte men.

Yeah, I know I missed by days... Just my permanent image of flights from Indy.

4. lono

lono Active Member

Getting home from Las Vegas to Charlotte yesterday took 16 hours. It was a total horror show from start to finish.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

A more likely answer would be she's lying.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Good thing they don't sell firearms in the Indy airport, poor saps like Playthrough might blow their brains out on long layovers.

All airports are boring, but somehow, Indy seems even more boring than the usual standard.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

They DO have a decent back-massage/pedicure outlet which can be advantageous.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If a flight is delayed and anyone connected with the airline is moving his/her lips, they are lying.

Just so you know.

9. Armchair_QB

Here's hoping the new airport will be a significant improvement. The current one is beyond horseshit.

10. lono

lono Active Member

I sat on an airplane for five hours yesterday at DFW before we took off. Five freakin' hours!

11. Armchair_QB

That's as close as you'll ever come to a hostage situation.

12. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

All the bad stuff, thought I'd share my buddy's experience from last week.
    He was flying Express Jet, and the flight home was delayed on the tarmac 45 minutes.
    Certainly not fun, but also not the worst thing ever by traditional standards.
    After they get the plane up in the air the pilot comes over the PA and apologizes for the delay and all drinks are on him.
    I've started looking for Express Jet flights for a few upcoming trips.

Draft saved Draft deleted