1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another fantasy baseball league, just for fun: The Train Wreck

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Hustle, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I've made reference to this league before. I tried to restart it with some old buddies, but no one's signed up yet. So I told them I would open it up at some point. That point is now.

Here are the rules: head to head, 20 teams, 27-man rosters (20 active, 5 bench, 2 DL), 30 categories. By July, you're happy to pick up a platoon guy off the waiver wire... hence the name Train Wreck.

It's just for fun and something to help the summer pass. I remember I had a bunch of fun with it; I lost in the playoffs when another guy and I tied, and I lost a tiebreaker because Randy Johnson had a longer mullet or some such nonsense. So perhaps I'm still bitter about that.

Anyway, 19 spots available. We'll go with what we get or if no one's interested - that's cool too - I'll shut it down and wait for next year.

It's on Yahoo.

League ID: 241269
    Password: justliketheolddays

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

If this was a league to try to finish last, I could win that by trying to finish first.

Did that make sense? No? I suck at fantasy baseball. I've aligned myself in two other leagues with actual baseball fans, so I'm skating by on their knowledge.

3. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

The Magic Is Back is in, bringing back the suckitude of the early 80's Mets, as I'm quite certain last place has now been locked up.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Oh, what the hell....Surfing Hearns is in the house.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I Dream of Beamon is locked and loaded.

6. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I'm thinking about it, but I hate auto-pick drafts. The draft is my favorite part of fantasy sports, but this league seems pretty cool.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I'll help ya a fellow EA SPorts League NCAA 09 member. I'll sign up sometime today.

8. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Bumping up to hopefully generate some more interest...

9. Hank_Scorpio

Ah crap, forgot to do this.

I'll sign up today and pass it on to my brother, who will likely sign up as well.

10. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Thanks Stormy, I was about to do the same thing.

11. Hank_Scorpio

And Nook Logan's Nukes are now in.

Although I may change that to something I just thought of.

12. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Humpin' Unis in the hizzee.

Draft saved Draft deleted