1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another example of liberal elitist hypocrisy....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Oh . . . is the job at Hell U. open?

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I (heart) the Red Line. Summmaville and Cambridge. Davis Squeah, Central Squeah. I miss old Boston on a Saturday morning. I used to meet the most beautiful woman in New England at the Greenhouse in Harvard Square on Saturdays for grilled cheese and coffee. She's married now, though. And I don't live in Somerville any more.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

What bugs me about the reaction to a story like this is how it now gets approached. Instead of it all along having been, "Let's just hire the best man or woman for the job," it's now, "Holy shit, we have no racial diversity. We have to hire a black person pronto!" So they'll go out and get a black basketball coach, instead of doing the job search intended to simply find the best candidate. And then everyone will back off.

It's 2007. And that is a farce. The racial inequalities of this country have not been solved. I mean look at the DI football head coaching ranks. But how is this little dance helping anyone? In more general terms, look at the worlds of business, academic, politics, etc. We've come so far with regard to equality of opportunity over the last 50 years and at this point we should all feel fairly confident that if given an equal chance, people of all races can succeed based simply on individual merit. You'd think we'd find SOME way to transition into a system of merit rather than this farce in which Harvard now has to hire a black person in its athletic department, with the color of the person's skin being the primary concern. That just seems so convoluted to me. It's also really unlikely to advance a simple level playing field any more than it already exists. If anything, it might have the opposite effect. They get their token in there and the story goes away.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Democrats are the elitists in the country.

That's rich, you poor, malfunctioning bastard.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Porter Squeah has some nice stuff going on now, too. So does Inman.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Bitter, are we? Hannity labels you people as miserable, and he's right. Talk show or not, his awareness is impeccable.

7. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Hannity's as big an idiot as you.

But Democrats are hardly the party of the people. No greater spokesman of the Left than my old buddy F_B mounted an impassioned defense of elitism around here a while back...it was a beautiful thing to watch.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

No remark better defines the old saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

Now wipe the bird shit off your pilot glasses, wingman.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Every corporate golden parachute goes to a GOP elitist.

10. Christ

Christ Guest

Fight the good fight, Yawn. Gather your flock. Keep pushing. Have you noticed they're starting to listen to you? You are the chosen One. Convince this message board to see our ways.

11. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

It's Palm Sunday, Christ. Don't you have an ass to catch?

12. Christ

Christ Guest

Can't sleep. Too much wine, I mean water.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.