1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another example of liberal elitist hypocrisy....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Please show me where in boomer7's post he called the Boston Globe conservative?

What is it about English that gives you so much trouble?

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

It will be if Jack Welch gets his hands on it...

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Boomer, the implication is obvious in this remark.

"The story was done by the lie-bral (sarcasm touch) Boston Globe which HAS NO BLACK SPORTS REPORTERS!!!!! (Then they must be a bunch of white collared Republican racists).

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

There is no "implication" at all.

Other than to mock you guys for putting the word "liberal" in front of every mainstream newspaper.

It in no way whatsoever implied that the Globe is conservative.

That is just more of your batshit imagination.

5. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

I skimmed the site, but I didn't see anything that supported the parts of your original statement I bolded, namely the contention that "in many cases," Harvard students come from "Conservative/Republican families." (Whatever those are.)

6. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

I'll just repeat my remarks from before, and then you're on permanent ignore status:

I realize that thinking isn't your forte, but if you're going to post on a writers' message board, at least acquire some basic reading comprehension skills.

BTExpress summed it up: You've got one batshit imagination.

7. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

I need to go back to never posting on politics threads, to make sure no one confuses me with the likes of Yawn.

8. That'll never happen. Your opinions are reasoned and well-articulated. Yawn could never pull that off.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Winger, I was just asking for your thoughts over on the US Attorneys thread.

No pressure, though. :)

10. Media criticism for the lost and lonely.
    [​IMG]

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

You didn't imply that the Globe is conservative, so we can assume, members of the jury, that he believes the Globe isn't conservative. And if it isn't conservative, shouldn't that mean it's liberal?

So perhaps the real question should be, can he list enough conservative major metropolitian newspapers to equal 49 percent of the whole? Hell, let's make it easy for him. 10 percent.

No further questions, your honor.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm not sure which hurts worse, Yawn's head when he tries to think or mine when I read what he comes up with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.