1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another conservative attack on people with vaginas fails

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

On the day a right-wing Congressman asks several men to come to Congress to testify about female contraception, another attack on the fairer sex came light: The Southern Baptists have failed to have removed from the shelves a Bible that their own publishing company produced. The alleged sin contained within this scandalous version? Well, it refers to "brothers and sisters" instead of just the male version, "brothers."

I checked my calendar, and it is indeed 2012.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120217/NEWS06/302160065/Baptists-complaints-won-t-take-NIV-Bible-off-shelves?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

That's OK. They'll trade that for legalizing rape in Virginia:

http://www.msmagazine.com/news/uswirestory.asp?ID=13470

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Wait a second. I thought conservatives were against the government interfering in private health matters.

Oh, silly me, I forgot. When it's the free market, the government cannot interfere. But when it's a personal decision involving one's body, the govenrment can intefere as often as it pleases. Terri Schiavo proved that.

4. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Pretty much. Essentially, the government can interfere only when it fits their 18th century values.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, if you are trying to get an abortion, you deserve to have metal apparatus shoved up your vee-vee.

That'll teach you, you brazen hussy.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Honey, we get metal apparatus shoved up our vee-vee every year as part of our annual exam. :D

7. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Misinterpreting scripture is a big deal.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Only when you change it from the way it was misinterpreted by the translators of King James. Otherwise, few people seem to complain.

9. Starman

Yeah, I know, but presumably you give your consent for that, unlike this latest wingnut-wizard plan.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

vee-vee?

11. Starman

I used one of the other words once and everybody went into vapors.

12. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

Isn't Oklahoma trying to pass a bill that would make women carry pregnancies as the result of rape/incest to term?

*Googles*

Yes, yes they are. I would love to ask all these people what they would do about the facts that a huge percentage of women spontaneously abort sometime in the first 12 weeks. Are they then guilty of manslaughter since they obviously didn't protect the life of this person? What about child endangerment for pregnant women who smoke and drink or drive without a seatbelt or eat fish that doctors recommend pregnant women avoid?

http://www.news9.com/story/16964812/personhood-resolution-heats-up-state-capitol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.