1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another concert thread: Which band/singer/act have you seen the most times?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Aug 1, 2007.

1. My son, who was eight months old, came with us to see the Dylan/Petty tour back in the 80's. Got his picture in the paper holding up the program. He now uses this to be cool.
    I think I saw the Geils band more often than anyone else, now that I think about it. On the night they closed the old Boston Garden, it didn't get dusty for me until Peter Wolf came out and did "Lookin'For A Love" with his house band.

2. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Saw J. Geils four times, three times within about three months of each other. Maybe the best party band ever. Always a great show.

3. digger

digger New Member

Two different kinds of music, but ...

I've seen Springsteen 15-plus times (more if you count unscheduled appearances with bands at the shore - the best I've seen was with Dave Edmunds when Edmunds had the album out with "From small things ... '' at Clarence Clemens' bar in Red Bank

And I've seen They might be Giants 15-plus times also, including two weeks ago in Lancaster Pa., with another one set for Saturday at Long Island. They always do a great show.

Others I've seen more than once: Grateful Dead, 3 times (i wish it was more), Billy Joel twice, REM twice, Tom Petty twice (one was real bad at the Meadowlands, we were in the top row and the sound was just off).

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Somewhere I've got a recording of Bruce & Dave doing "From Small Things" at that show. I was supposed to see Dave Edmunds at the Stone Pony a few years ago but the show was cancelled (allegedly Edmunds cut his hand opening a beer the night before.. or at least that's what the rumor at the time was)

5. digger

digger New Member

The thing I remember most about that show - It was so freaking hot in there. I went outside to cool off for a minute, then went back in. I was standing there with my friends, and Bruce actually tapped me on the back and said "Excuse me'' to get by to go to the stage. I told my friend, and he didn't believe me, but like 3 minutes later he was on the stage with the band.

6. I've seen Zebra five goddamn times as a warmup act.

Zebra!

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Cripe ... I'm still trying to get to Concert No. 1 of the group's.

Back on topic: Rush - 3 times

8. Steve Hackett

Steve Hackett Member

Genesis...2
    Yes....3
    Steve Winwood/Level 42, Roxy Music, Pink Floyd, Stones, Bowie, Supertramp, Elton John, Fleetwood Mac, The Baby's....1
    Seeing Asia (original lineup) for the first time two weeks tonight....

Draft saved Draft deleted