1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another college coach fails in the NBA: Larry Brown resigns

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Small Town Guy, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Where will Larry end up next? I picture a return to the Clippers next year after they bump Del Negro. Maybe OKC if the Thunder underachieve under Brooks.

http://www.nba.com/bobcats/release_brown_101222.html

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

This thread title is a joke right?

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Once again, he quit the right way.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He's a great coach, but he needs to retire.

5. Mizzougrad96

Meaning the way where he'll collect the rest of his contract, which loosely translated means HE WAS FIRED.

6. Small Town Guy

No, he really did quit.

Yes.

7. Small Town Guy

Countdown to Lupica column wanting him to return to NYC to instill some defensive toughness on the Knicks...

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

oh, no doubt, larry was fired. jordan's statement made that clear. no way this is a team that would still pay him off if he 'quit.'

i'd love to believe larry will retire to a beach with his family now... but he's a guy you never say never about, although he may have worn out just about every nba option by now.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Orlando

10. Small Town Guy

I'm sure he'll be back in the NBA, but only after we get a quote from him about how he'd be "happy just coaching high school kids or working with a junior high team for no money."

11. Mizzougrad96

The problem is, he's a better coach than at least 75 percent of the coaches in the NBA, so if he still wants to coach, someone will give him another shot.

12. Mizzougrad96

I love when coaches are fired during Christmas week. One of my favorite press conference moments ever (I wasn't there) was when the Bulls fired Tim Floyd and Krause screamed into the crowd, "And you can wipe that smirk off your face Mr. Mariotti."

Draft saved Draft deleted