1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another academic scandal; UNC is f-cked

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Also, congratulations to Illinois for winning the 2005 men's basketball title. Gregg Doyel weighs in:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/19794788/north-carolina-cheated-and-prospered-now-its-time-for-reckoning

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

You can also congratulate Michigan State in 09, and it may end up implicating some of their 1990s glories as well.

If the NCAA vacated Memphis' season because of one player taking one phony test before he started college, I don't know how they can avoid taking the same measure if iit ends up being shown that several players took not just one bogus test, but entire classes that were phony, and at UNC.

Julius Peppers' leaked transcript is now being posted all over the interwebs, and it is a doozy to behold and certainly seems to reveal UNC to be liars when they claimed this stuff didn't start until Butch Davis showed up in 07.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

*giggle*

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

As long as Peppers gets an A in rushing the passer, I don't care.

5. imjustagirl

Fuck you, Beaker! :D

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Haha, I was modifying the post, somehow it got removed. It would be more amusing if it was Duke, but of course this is football, so who really cares at Duke.

But I guess UNC basketball may get dinged too, so...yeah.

7. imjustagirl

Oh they're gonna get dinged. These ain't 2005 and 2009 FOOTBALL national championships.

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Yeah, I made a mess of that post, that yes, I was hoping to get a rise out of you. :D

9. brandonsneed

brandonsneed Member

Kind of glad right now that my wife converted me from Carolina to the Duke side after we began dating five years ago.

10. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Damn, you married well.

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Still, going from Carolina to Duke? Show some conviction, man!

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

If the team that wins an NC vacates, it doesn't mean the runner up is retroactively awarded a NC. Vacated is just vacated. So annoying when people mess that up.

Draft saved Draft deleted