1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Annual football tab exchange thread (2012)

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Toby Carrig, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Toby Carrig

Toby Carrig Member

I just posted this on the football tab thread, too, but in case people are looking to participate in an exchange of the sections, I will gladly coordinate one once again.
    It sounds like a lot of newspapers still are committed to putting some substantial effort into these projects and it's always good to see what other people are doing to get some ideas.
    Papers of all shapes and sizes are welcome to participate.

Send me about 12-18 copies of your sections and I will get 12-18 different sections sent back to you, provided that many people participate. (I will update here at SportsJournalists.com.) If you have fewer than 12, that's fine, I will still get some sent back out to you.
    Send me an address label, preferably sticky, so that I have a proper address to throw on the box.
    Send me a note via PM here, or email (tobyapse@yahoo.com) just to let me know if you're in.
    Let's go with a September 22 deadline, and I will effort to get them back in the mail in early October.

My mailing address:
    Toby Carrig
    814 Wilshire Place
    Herculaneum, MO 63048

2. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Toby, I am curious: For a number of years, the six-day daily I string for did a tab. And then this year, they opted to spread out the stories over a two-week period. I had written two. Another paper in the area, my local daily, did the same thing. Are tabs going out-of-style, or do you think this is an experiment to see how the costs of one way vs. the other work out....?

3. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

toby: We're in. they'll be in the mail shortly.

Draft saved Draft deleted