1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Annoying commercials revisited

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by casty33, Aug 26, 2006.

1. casty33

casty33 Active Member

We've done this before but it has been awhile so I figured I'd start a new one since one commercial is being played so often and is driving me crazy. It's the Dr. Z talking about Chrysler thing and I can't stand it. It's replacing Geico in my mind for ridiculousness.

What are some other annoying ones?

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

well, there's the applebee's guys... ::) ;D :p

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Two of the Geico commericals, with Little Richard and Charo, are annoying. The other two are sweet, especially movie announcer guy.

The most annoying out there right now... the goddam Dr. Sholls commercials. Are you gellin? Like Magellan? Are you serious? It makes me NOT want to buy the shit. It also makes me want to beat the actors with a 2-iron, then ask them if they're gellin.

4. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Now don't be a felon.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

Game

Set

Match

6. Flomax has to have the gayest commercial in the history of TV (or at least since the last Mentos commercial)

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

The early versions of those gellin' commercials included a line, "like a felon," the company later pulled because of the negative connotations. Good stuff.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Have you tried the prosciutto and melon?

9. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

There are these commercials advertising Under Armour clothing that run constantly on the local sports station here that consist of this big gentleman screaming "WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!"

I hate them with all my being.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

At some point around the year 1998, a well-attended symposium for car dealers included a television advertising workshop. At this workshop, a speaker suggested that using one's own teen-aged, or even pre-teen, children as shills for the car dealership is a surefire winner for a TV commercial.

That speaker should now be hunted down and tortured.

11. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Those damn "click-clack" ads aren't much better.

12. patchs

patchs Active Member

I keep expecting Dr. Z to go Sgt. Schultz and start saying, "I know nothing!"
    Between the VW German couple and Dr. Z, Deutschland is making a hell of a comeback.

Draft saved Draft deleted