1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ann Arbor

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Ding, ding, ding!!! Winner. I mean seriously, I can guarantee you I could learn how to post stuff on the Web faster than some of our "producers" could learn subject-verb agreement or spelling or other necessary elements of journalism.

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Isn't the Free Press exempted from furloughs because of the union contract, rather than any generosity on the part of Gannett?

3. Magic In The Night

The Free Press is exempt from furloughs. The reason given was that because of all the staffing needed for this new three-day home delivery plan that Gannett excused the paper from it. But I think the Free Press is one of the few papers left in Gannett's empire with a union so that may have come into play. However, the union did sign off on the wage freezes but managed to squeeze an extra year on the contract out of them because of it.

4. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

I still believe the Free Press was furlough-exempt because there will be more drastic changes. Just a hunch.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Aren't most of your producers from a journalism background anyway? Or converted reporters/editors?

6. Magic In The Night

Well, if that's a "journalism" background, I hate to see the rest of what is coming out of journalism schools these days.

7. jackandcoke

jackandcoke Member

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

9. An acorn, huh?

The logo should be a parking meter.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Or a donkey.

11. jackandcoke

jackandcoke Member

A friend pointed out the logo's striking resemblance to a buckeye nut. That will go over well with the football crazies.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

With this three-headed monster in charge and an Ed-clone working in sports, will the Huron River turn into the Lake of Fail?

Draft saved Draft deleted