1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anibal Sanchez no-hitter (9:19 p.m.)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Columbo, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Wow.

I'm with you guys.... Byrnes had that beat.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I guess it goes back to the old theory that the ump is not going to rule against the guy going for history. Like how during a perfect game the strike zone suddenly becomes what the rule book says it should be.

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

and it was funny that uggla said on baseball tonight that he first realized something special was happening when they gave cabrera an error on a play that probably would've been a hit on a regular day.

4. Anyone hear the announced attendance for the game? Something like 6,000. Florida ought to be ashamed of itself. Fire sell or not, this team is only THREE F'N years removed from a World Series, it's second in a six year span. This team is in the hunt for a Wild Card spot, yet they can only muster 6,000 fans in the heat of the playoff race. That's BULLSHIT. I guess Florida isn't a thriving professional baseball market after all.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

It never has been. Putting teams in Florida was a bad idea from the green light forward.

6. KP

KP Active Member

Announced attendance was 12,561.

When I saw the final out for the second time I thought the throw just beat him. Bang-bang call either way.

7. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

It looked like a tie, so he should have been safe.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Um, wrong. There is no rule on the books saying a tie should go to the runner. A runner is either safe or out, there are no ties.

9. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. After April 1, baseball matters not at all to most Floridians. Going to a regular-season game just doesn't compare to spring training.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Only 12,561 watched the game. To put it in perspective, had the Marlins been in Kansas City, there probably would have been at least 25,000. Miami does not deserve that franchise.

Draft saved Draft deleted