1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Angus Jones: Two and A Half Men is "Filth"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 26, 2012.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Three things:

1) I had trouble believing "Two Broke Girls" was such a hit that it got an automatic second season renewal. It's just bad. Reallllly bad.

2) How much does anybody want to bet Jones winds up dealing with Christian Television at some point (paging Kirk Cameron.....).

3) Are these producers just stupid? They must be to want to pander to lowest common denominator (Of course, hiring Ashton Kutcher did not exactly help). All I have to say is: Bring back the NAB Code --NOW!!!

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Among the previous claims of Jones' advisor is that Jay-Z is a Freemason and/or Lucifer, and that Obama is Hitler.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2238968/Angus-T-Jones-Jay-Z-devil-worshiping-Freemason-Obama-like-Hitler.html

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Oh I love Illuminati conspiracy theories from the Christians.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Of course they want to pander to the lowest common denominator. Have you ever watched the show? Not likely they are going to get the Masterpiece Theatre crowd with fart jokes.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He makes $350K an episode, which lately has been limited to a 1-2 minute video chat with Jon Cryer. He did have a few episodes with Miley Cyrus earlier this year.

Yes, I watch the show. I don't know why. I watch Two Broke Girls as well and as amazing as the brunette's tits are, that doesn't make that show worth watching either. Both are on around other shows that I like (Big Bang Theory and Mike and Molly), which is probably the reason they are still on the DVR.

I agree Two Broke Girls is probably the worse of the two from a "filth" standpoint... But at least that doesn't masquerade as a "family comedy".

6. Mizzougrad96

By "two leads" you mean "Denning's rack" :D

7. Point of Order

I think fans and haters of the show would agree that, yes, it's basically filth. I guess the larger question is, how many of this show's stars are going to go on self-destructive rants that cost them their careers?

8. Mizzougrad96

If I was the show's creator, I would fire the kid and then just make passing references to him over the next 2-3 seasons or however long the show lasts. He's barely on as is...

I don't think this kid was ever going to work again anyways, rant or no rant...

9. Point of Order

Yes, they need a new younger kid, a la The Cosby Show.

10. Mizzougrad96

I thought they were going that direction for awhile with the English lady's kid... Then I guess they realized it would be more fun to have Kutcher be a complete womanizer.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I was an unabashed fan of the show until probably the season before the Sheen meltdown. Before the kid hit puberty, it was very good, and even then it was funny for a while. But at some point the whole thing became a game of "how far can we push the network censors?"

And now with Kutcher it just isn't even the same show.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I think the hot young wife comes back this week, or was that last week? They're pulling out all the stops.

Draft saved Draft deleted