1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Angus Jones: Two and A Half Men is "Filth"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 26, 2012.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The kid makes three times more than Nick Saban - Think of THAT! He makes more than all but 20 NBA players. He makes more than the CEO of Time Warner. If he went out to dinner with Aaron Rodgers, the kid would have to pick up the check.

Oh yeah - and he gets residuals that he will be able to live on for the rest of his life.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

maybe the little prick should give it to charity.

3. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Certainly, "the Forerunner Christian Church" has taken care of that.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Read amore indepth story earlier today, somethings to keep in mind, he was nine when he started on the show, he grew up in it. He apparently had issues with drugs over the last couple of years, from pot to acid. He just got into faith within the last year it sounds like, just before signing on for the final year, so the more he gets into his faith, the more he is finding the show detestable. It's not like he has been living off of the show for the last 10 years, hating every filthy minute of it. I don't think he signs on for another year, if there is another year. Easy to write him out anyway if they do another year. As far as the future home of the residuals, as someone mentioned, I'm pretty sure whatever church he is attending will help him find a home for at least 10% of it. And if he truly has turned over anew leaf I'm guessing we should see him doing charitable work as well.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I agree.

This is also not a new thing. I remember years ago watching Friends and it was a 30-minute parade of blow job jokes. My daughter was a big fan of the show and we had a debate about whether to let her watch it.

Watched another show on TBS the other night and there was a sex scene. Under the covers, sure. But the covers were moving up and down and the woman was screaming - lots of "fiflth" on TV these days.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

But the rack on Kat Denning ...

7. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

I watched 5 minutes of it once, only because it was on when I walked in the room. It was so remarkably unfunny I didn't even get to the filthy parts.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Friends is Sesame Street compared to the Two and Half Men episodes I've seen in recent years.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The first joke ever told was undoubtedly a dirty one. However, nothing is more painful than unfunny dirty comedy, which is a genre where "Two and a Half Men" and "Two Broke Girls" totally dominate.

10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Rich people problems

11. Based on the video, Angus appears to have joined a cult.

I am sure he will be broke very soon.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The two leads are both very good. But the writing is putrid and the rest of the cast is awful.

Draft saved Draft deleted