1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anger management.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wickedwritah, Aug 28, 2007.

1. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

That's when I normally find myself at the gym for two hours on the treadmill and stairmaster.

I don't do it nearly enough so I need the pissy days to get me to the gym.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Squats ... the more I do, the less angry I feel ...

3. Flash

Flash Guest

And no.

<----------------

That is not me. But I wouldn't mind throwing myself onto that rack.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

How much? What weight?

And thank you for a legitimate response.

5. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i used to hit something (not someone...something).

now i don't do anything worse than yell at my car.

i find as i get older (i'm 34) i get pissed off much less frequently. i guess i'm growing up or something.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Prior to my broken hand, I was up to 185 lbs. Oly squat. Pretty proud of myself. Post-injury with no gym time (and lots of pent-up frustration) for almost three months and I'm back down to 110. Should be back up in no time.

Usually three sets of eight.

7. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Well, I have in the past screamed in a pillow, many a time punched a punching bag and bottled in the anger.

However, someone will know when I am pissed off with them. Not by getting angry, but ignoring them or acting like their actions didn't bother me.

People closest to me know that I actually don't get that mad but paste on a big smile on my face all the time. Even when I am not happy, I do a great acting job (apparently, my nicknames are "peppy" and "sunshine" for a reason).

At 4am I am the most happiest person and people cannot believe it. I am not even sober and I am smiling that early in the morning and am happy.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sorry, Sunshine, we guys don't know that. We're not mind readers. If you plaster on a fake smile and aren't giving us grief, we figure everything is peachy keen.

9. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

You'd be surprised about how many posters on this board think they know me (even though they have never met me)
    and think differently.

10. DEB

DEB Member

I agree with that.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Agree? I don't even know what it means!

12. Invest in a heavy bag for the garage and some high-impact music that you can play very loud. Works most of the time.

Draft saved Draft deleted