1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

angels and cubs beat jobs

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by redsmith, Aug 29, 2006.

1. redsmith

redsmith Guest

mark gonzales interviewed with www.sportsmediaguide.com and said that the orange county register is looking for an angels beat guy and the chicago sun-times will be looking for a cubs beat guy. interesting interview.

2. Editude

Editude Active Member

The Register moved its Angels writer to cover USC after Harmonson became an ASE.

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Guess the Register has given up on the Angels' playoff hopes too.

4. MCEchan36

MCEchan36 Guest

Thanks for posting that site. That interview w/ Mark, along with Ray Ratto's and Jay Greenburg's, were very enlightening. I'm coming from a school that has a decent communications program, but is just starting to really focus on a journalism track, so hearing from these guys gives me a little more insight as to what I may be facing. Thanks.

5. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Yeah, thanks for posting that site. I'm not always one who is big on people pimping their site on another site, but that one with actual content is great. Hopefully you'll keep the interviews coming - Gonzalez is a good guy and that was a good interview.

"Kicking tires."

Great phrase.

6. sport68

sport68 New Member

A reporter at the Register says that the company is in a hiring freeze......they got an email about it this week.

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I second this post. I have a contact there too. They have a copy editor retiring in sports and his job will likely be spread around to the others.

Draft saved Draft deleted