1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Andy Reid

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Captain_Kirk, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Andy Reid to take a month off to deal with his sons and their issues.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-eagles-reidleave&prov=ap&type=lgns

He's got a couple boys with some serious, serious issues. Wouldn't wish that on anyone, and hope they are able to work out their problems.

Two questions:

Psychology Question: Is their situation perhaps partially due to a part time/ absentee father who's devotion to his profession exceeds his focus on family. (Note: purely conjecture on my part, don't know if this is the case or not, so feel free to clarify if I'm walking down a wrong way road).

Football Question: Impact to the Eagles to have their coach/director of operations missing pre-draft? Can he give the focus needed when he does return or do his family issues serve as too much of a distraction?

I don't recall seeing anything on the board on this subject, but if I'm d_b-ing any of this, a thousand pardons.

2. WSKY

WSKY Member

He needs to take another month off to get his health in order. That picture they showed of him this morning on Cold Pizza was not flattering. He'll probably have heart surgery in a the next two years, that's if he doesn't explode first.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Those crazy Mormons...

4. BYM posted this earlier, but it's definitely not a D_B because of the misleading thread title.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/37525/

5. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I blame T.O.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I wish more than anything that the people on here could actually properly title threads... That's the biggest reason why there are frequently several threads on the same topic...

The reason why this won't negatively impact the Eagles is because Reid has surrounded himself with some of the best scouts and assistants in the business.

Given what happened to Dungy's son a little more than a year ago, Reid has to make sure he's able to do as much as he can to help his kids... I can't imagine being the son of a NFL coach is the easiest thing to be.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

now's when all the bleeding-heart columnists get their chance to blame nfl coaching for the woes of their kids. as if the kids of nfl coaches are the only ones that are effed up.

puh-leeze.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Paging Idaho - what's happened to the flock in Philly? It seems like its gone astray from the mission.

9. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

More than world peace?

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Caller on WFAN today

Caller: "Joe this is Ivan from Brooklyn"

Joe: "Whats on your mind Ivan"

Caller : I don't think a months enough time for Andy Reid to straighten out his problem

Joe: I don't know you can get a lot done in a month

Sports talk radio - you have to love it. We are now debating rehab times.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

So, why, exactly is this considered 'breaking news' by Yahoo?

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Because it involves the NFL.

Draft saved Draft deleted