1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anderson Silva is Angry

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr7134, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Mr7134

Mr7134 Member

... and the UFC are hoping that his rematch with Chael Sonnen does UFC 100 level business.

http://www.heavy.com/mma/mma-interviews/2012/06/anderson-silva-im-going-to-beat-him-the-way-his-parents-should-have/

2. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Sonnen is a world-class shit talker, but the thing that frustrates a lot of fighters is that he's able to back it up in the Octagon.

I have to admit I was surprised at how he was able to really control Silva for four-plus rounds the last time they fought. If he doesn't get caught in that triangle, he wins that fight.

I don't know if this fight goes the same way, though. I think that was during a time when Silva was getting bored in his fights. He's had some time off now and I think he'll come out hungry and eager to end it in a hurry.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

If, by world class shit talker, you mean someone who tries his hardest to resemble a professional wrestling donk from the 90s, only he doesn't quite pull it off, then yeah. I agree.

4. StaggerLee

Yep, that's about the size of it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Wow, fighters making scary talk at each other before a pay per view event. How unusual.

6. StaggerLee

It's really funny to see the progression (or transgression) of the sport over the last 10 years. Dana White used to pride himself on running an organization that didn't stoop down to pro wrestling trash talk.

Now, it seems like they generate feuds where there aren't any and use that to sell their cards.

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I hope that they can find a way to settle it peaceably.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Dana White running an organization where there was no trash talking!?! He's the worst offender in the UFC stable.

(I do love how he's had to eat his words about EA Sports.)

9. StaggerLee

He's had to eat his words on a lot of things. He shoots from the hip without regards to his target. Sad thing is most of the time it's been on his vlog or twitter, so he knows exactly what's getting out there. It's never a case of misquoted text or taken out of context.

He's done a lot for UFC over the years, and I'm not one of those Dana White-haters, but it may also be time for a new face in the UFC. He's burned a lot of bridges, then the Fertittas have had to repair those bridges.

10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

This is why I have no use for MMA.

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

That and he's lucky he's not trying to watch UFC and boxing in the day room with Pretty Boy Floyd

http://www.lakeoswegoreview.com/news/story.php?story_id=129410490911120000

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. Mr7134

Mr7134 Member

The rumour is that Silva was hurt going into the last fight.

Draft saved Draft deleted