1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anderson Cooper tells Andrew Sullivan: "I'm gay"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jul 2, 2012.

1. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Are you implying that being a serial-killing cannibal is a choice?

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Are the haddock gay?

3. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

And I'm not sure what TigerVols is referring to with Shep Smith, but you can do a pretty quick Google search and find out what the most prevalent rumor is...

He looks sick. And has for a while. That's all I know.

I think Smith is remarkably talented.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I think Anderson's OK, and I could give a shit about his sexual orientation.

But, it's incredibly hypocritical for a news organization to set ground rules for an interview with their "talent" when they're trying to drum up press coverage of his show/career.

5. YankeeFan

I'm going to assume you missed the "story" published earlier in the week. It was on Drudge.

Some gay activists, who had been invited to the White House for an event (a Pride event, I think), used the opportunity to have their pictures taken "flipping off" the official portrait of President Reagan.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I guess, but when I looked yesterday it was nowhere on the home page of yahoo.

And at 9 a.m. this morning it's nowhere on the home page of Yahoo.

Only reason I know about this story is . . . this site.

And (surprise!) it was a 14-point headline in my paper's People roundup this morning.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I understand the story.

The point remains: why assume Anderson Cooper supports the bird-flippers simply because he's gay?

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

As opposed to the genteel types on the Right who yell "You lie!" to a President's face during the State of the Union.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The ONLY reason you know about the story is from this site? Is the sentence that follows some sort of mistake?

10. YankeeFan

Got it. I agree. I just thought you weren't familiar with what he was referring to.

Draft saved Draft deleted