1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And you thought your college dorm was bad?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

At Texas Southern, they've had to evacuate a dorm due to an infestation of bats...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20870285/?GT1=10357

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Holy Bats, man!!

3. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Michael Keaton was not available for comment...

[​IMG]

4. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Keeps the mosquitoes away, though, so they have that goin' for 'em.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

[​IMG]

There was poop raining down from the ceiling. Poop.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Magnum

Magnum Member

That's just batty.

7. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

My dorm was awesome. In 1979, they had a staged fire drill.

Everyone was instructed to leave their lights on or off.

Lights on spelled "FUCK" and it was in Rollingstone.

I can't remember a bat problem though.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It wasn't in my dorm, but at my school, I was playing a game with a couple GAs in a neighboring lobby when two friends of mine came down from their room screaming. There was a bat flying around their double. We went upstairs to see what the deal was. The GAs locked themselves in the room with a Swiffer and a laundry basket, while the three of us -- me and the owners of the room -- were listening outside.

For what seemed like 10 minutes, we heard swearing, yelling, things being thrown around the room, then complete silence. We wondered what was going on, but the guys just said, "Get away from the door. Everything is fine."

Turns out that one of them knocked the bat to the ground and the other slammed the laundry basket down, decapitating the bat. To make matters worse -- or funnier -- one of the occupants is a die-hard animal-rights nut. All she wanted was the bat out of her room, able to fly to its home. Well, the bat made it outside, and it flew -- straight down into the bushes.

She ended up naming the bat and writing a story about it in her online journal. She never did find out what really happened.

9. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Freshman year, we were coming back from the homecoming game and festivities. We walked in the door at the end of my buddies' dorm, looked up the hall and saw a garbage can blocking the hall. Further down the hall, a guy was standing there with a compound bow getting ready to take target practice in our direction.

Good times, good times.

10. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

This oughta scare the bats away:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The Night it Rained Guano

12. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

The only bat they have seen was the ugly stick. Over and over and over again.

Draft saved Draft deleted