1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And this is why blindly being religious is for the impressively stupid....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by schiezainc, May 9, 2008.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

So get this. Woman is convinced that "God" will raise her mother from the dead, so she forced her children to live with the dead corpse for two months.

I swear, sometimes human race makes me scratch my fucking head.

"http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080510/ap_on_re_us/decaying_corpse"

2. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Re: And this is why religion is for the impressively stupid....

I'm not a religious man, but I don't think this thread title will go over too well. Oh, hey, can I borrow that brush of yours? I need a nice, broad one. ::)

3. schiezainc

Better?

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Re: And this is why religion is for the impressively stupid....

One, this story is awesome, especially because it happened in Wisconsin.

Two, I'm guessing you think religion is for intolerant douchebags, scheiz. And judging by the thread title, that is a concept with which you are familiar.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Necedah is only about an hour from Ed Gein's hometown of Plainfield.

Wanna-be's.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

How do you pronounce that, Bubs?

7. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Looks like Neck-a-duh to me. You know, like my Neck-a-duh woods. And, no, the thread title still isn't much better.

Actually, my guess is Nah-see-duh. But that's just a guess.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Nuh-see-duh.

Neck-a-duh works in spirit.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

See, Charlie Pierce could have written about that. Or at least sent The Cynic.

10. schiezainc

I don't think religion is for intolerant douchebags, heck I used to be an altar boy.

I just think that the way religion is currently organized ("You're either with us or against us") and the amount of seriousness with which people live by the rules of their faith are ridiculous.

I mean, come on, someone tells you that keeping a dead body in your house is a good thing and you listen without even thinking for once that something's weird? That's not normal. That's not healthy.

But, hey, my opinion is my opinion. I don't think a lot of people would agree with me, but hey, i don't give a crap if they do. I just think that organized religion is a fantastic way to ruin the positives of having faith and having beliefs. But to each his own. I'll be in the corner here watching Darwin's theory play itself out.

11. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Taking "stinking up the bathroom" to a new level

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080510/ap_on_re_us/decaying_corpse

12. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Re: Taking "stinking up the bathroom" to a new level

So they lived two months with a random dead 90-year-old woman in their bathroom? I would get weirded out first at the thought of how a random woman got in my house. The death thing is secondary.

Draft saved Draft deleted