1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And then there was One: Week 13 NFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 2, 2015.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Even though they have a pulse now, plenty is wrong. Rodgers has a bunch of third-down receivers who can't stretch the field, the running backs have the fumbles, the defense has been decent, Crosby has been "off" and very few of the young players seem to have any leadership capability. It all goes through Rodgers, Nelson, Matthews.

2. exmediahack

Packers win at Minnesota looks more like an abberation than stopping a slide.

3. exmediahack

Me having Lions and UNDER 8.5 wins looked like easy money at 1-7. Now approaching 5-7 and getting uneasy.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

And THAT's why you're the Lions.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Ho Lee Fuk

BDC99 likes this.
  6. exmediahack

Pay up, Venetian.

I still think Green Bay is terribly flawed but this is a sweet gambling victory.

bigpern23 likes this.
  7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I haven't laughed that hard in forever.

8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

What do you do with a Hail Mary? All together now... KNOCK IT DOWN! (If you're the defense, anyway.)

9. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It was bad defense, of course, but Richard Rodgers played it pretty well, too. He sort of sandbagged the defense, hanging out around the 5 or 10-yard line until the last second, then sneaked in underneath the horde in the end zone and got perfect position. Even if he hadn't caught it, though, Randall Cobb would have had a shot at it. As soon as I saw only three Lions in the end zone against three Packers (seriously, you KNOW they have to throw the Hail Mary! Get at least five back there!) I knew they were in trouble.

steveu likes this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The entire Lions coaching staff must be fired the instant the final game ends. They should be marched off the field in Chicago at gunpoint and handed a ticket to a very very slow Greyhound bus home. Tell the bus driver to stop in Gary, boot their asses off, and they can hitchhike home from there.

12. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Caldwell said they were playing for the lateral.
    Condolences to Lions fans. Your coach is a moron.

Draft saved Draft deleted