1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And then there was One: Week 13 NFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And, amazingly, he did not win Coach of the Year for his effort. Mike Smith of the Falcons did.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

All NFL "of the Year" awards are complete bullshit. Watt not winning MVP last year made that point so effectively, I wonder anyone pays them the slightest mind this season.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Watt wasn't the MVP

4. Michael_ Gee

I said not, didn't I? He should've.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

No he shouldn't have. Would you rather have Brady and pick a shitty defender or Watt and a shitty QB?

Gutter likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Shitty loses no matter what at any position. If you have an average QB and historic great defensive lineman, you may or may not be better off than the reverse, depending on all the other guys on the team.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I'm sure the Pats would have traded Brady for Watt and Hoyer last year.

8. Michael_ Gee

Nobody trades superstars, because once you have one, you just count your blessings. I bet the Texans wouldn't have traded Watt, either.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

They'd trade Watt for Rodgers in a second. With rare exception you can't win without a QB

Draft saved Draft deleted