1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And then there was One: Week 13 NFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In the Panthers are the worst 11-0 ever piece, second-worst is the '72 Dolphins.

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The '72 Dolphins had an incredibly easy schedule. After a quick check, no other team was over .500 in the division and the Colts player the Oilers, Cardinals, and Chargers. The toughest opponents were 8-6. ELO is heavy influenced by the quality of a team's opponents.

3. Michael_ Gee

Those facts are why quite a few people of my acquaintance lost a significant chunk of change taking Washington and giving the points in Super Bowl VII. Golden memories.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Stats are enough to make you turn to stone.

I Should Coco and Fly like this.
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Man, some people on this board have insanely inflated opinions of Sister Souljah. The awful analogies are now spreading from that thread to this one.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'll admit it wasn't my best one.

JC likes this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's true. But the playoffs are supposed to expose fraud teams. Those Dolphins didn't flinch in the playoffs (well, other than Garo).

At this stage of the season, it's not unreasonable at all to picture the Panthers being called "worst Super Bowl champion in history" in another two months. There are worse things.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

So the Panthers are third in the league in scoring (30.2 ppg), second in total defense, first in takeaways by a wide margin (they're first in interceptions and second in fumble recoveries), first in turnover margin, third in sacks...

I don't think they're a fraud.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

yeah, not quite getting why the panthers would be considered so bad.

10. Michael_ Gee

Because some stathead's formula says they've played a weak schedule. Guy's probably on loan from the college playoff committee.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Forgot to add they're fourth in the league in rushing.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

They've played a tough schedule?

Draft saved Draft deleted