1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And the most desperate single men in the country reside in ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Indianapolis!

Willing to spend more than $226 on a first date, more than any other city at some site that apparently auctions off first dates.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20130626/LIFE/306260128/Indianapolis-single-men-most-generous-nation-They-ll-spend-226-first-date

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Knowing how cheap people in Indiana are, I find this hard to believe.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

They're willing to pay $300 if the Indy date brings her own chewing tobacco.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Desperate or classy?

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm guessing most of us have had those first dates where we've dropped a similar amount of money... I had one in my mid 20s where I brought $200 in cash along and ended up having to pull out the credit card late in the date since she ordered a $70 bottle of wine at dinner.

7. Humungus

Humungus Member

you were allowed to put her tip on a credit card?

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm sure my first date with my wife was up there, and it wasn't too extravagent. We went to a concert. This was 12 years ago, so probably $50 a piece for the tickets? So that's $100. (I think I paid for hers. Can't quite remember.) I know we ate at McDonald's on the way. So just like $10 there. I bought her a T-shirt. And me, too. So another $50. Alcohol was probably in the $40-50 range between us. So that's right around $200, if you count my stuff. I remember I bought her one of those glow bracelets or necklaces that little kids have at Fourth of July festivals, as well.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think dinner was $150. We went to a baseball game and then to a bar. By the time we got to the bar, I was out of cash thanks to her wine order.

I dated her for a year, so it wasn't a total waste, but she was definitely not a cheap date.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I don't understand any of that. After she makes you wait for an hour... after she takes the flowers you bought and throws them on the counter without a sniff... after she makes a snide remark about the restaurant you picked.... THEN you double down to find the most expensive restaurant in town? It makes no sense at all.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted