1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And the AL Cy Young goes to...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zeke12, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

He could have missed the last month & still deserved it. I might have voted Liriano or Weaver over Wang of Halladay. Probably not, but there's a case there.

2. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

No reasonable argument could be made for Wang. He wasn't the best freaking pitcher on his team. But people see he led the league in wins, and they give him a second-place vote, which is retarded considering the offense the Yanks have.

The following players ALL had better stats in ALL of the following categories: ERA, WHIP, BAA, K's, BB.

Johan Santana, Roy Halladay, CC Sabathia, Mike Mussina, and Kelvim fucking Escobar.
    And John Lackey had better stats in four of those categories.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I didn't say Wang deserved it, I just said I was on of those Yankees fans that was talking about Cy Young for him during the season.
    Also, Wang carried the Yankees for a long stretch when Mussina had hurt himself for the umpteenth time and Johnson was sucking ass.

Draft saved Draft deleted