1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

.......and one of the favorites to get the Dallas job is............

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

Jason Garrett?

What?

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Isn't he too old?

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Is he a coordinator right now, or no? I know he's considered a pretty bright mind for football, and was an Ivy Leaguer too. Was a long-time favorite in Dallas who was a damn good backup and won an occassional big game too. I can't say I'm surprised at all, plus, he's one of the rising, young starts of coaching.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Damn good backup is a bit much.

5. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

He had a great career season game.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

He's taking over for Bledsoe and Romo?

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

He was a damn good 3rd stringer, as a backup, he scared me.

8. There's a story in today's Trib about Jerry Jones' intention to throw a ton of money at Lovie Smith, plus offer the Bears Julius Jones and some draft picks.

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

And Cowlishaw (in a column that just hit the wire) says the exact opposite:

10. pallister

pallister Guest

That Lovie Smith deal won't happen; it's just ridiculous speculative filler during the NFL's fortnight hypefest. Damn media. :D

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

This is a rumor, but I can see how this would go down for Garrett to get the job (actually someone on national radio brought it up): bring in Wade Phillips to be the HC and have Garrett be the "coach-in-waiting", or make them both co-coaches. Bum's son stays for a few years and when Garrett is ready, Wade hands the keys over to him and he runs the show.

12. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Why would the Bears want Julius Jones with his brother and Benson on the roster?

Draft saved Draft deleted