1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And me without my armbands....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Count the laws broken -- 27 by someone's count on CNN last night while I was out having supper -- and divide that into the number of American deaths in the misbegotten crusade in the Middle East.

You might come up with Lou Merloni's batting average on political threads.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Who's counting?

3. Herbert Anchovy

Well, we know the black votes weren't. They're resting next to the Ark of the Covenant in the federal warehouse.

4. It may sound authoritarian to you because you are ignorant.

5. Can always count on Jones to bring facts to an argument.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I guess this is a bad time to bring up violations of the Geneva Convention.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

That comeback doesn't make any sense, grammatically or otherwise, LJB. Try harder.

8. Herbert Anchovy

I wasn't aware I was being graded on this, college boy.

9. Did I miss it when al-Qaeda signed the Geneva Convention?

10. Jones

Jones Active Member

Um, Lou, I was trying to pre-empt the inevitable Republican bait and switch.

And how, exactly, is calling someone ignorant bringing facts to the argument?

You drunk seamhead. FACT.

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

You left off the phrase, "Because I said so!"

12. Jones - point out even once where I used the "but Clinton got a blowjob" crap.

Ignorant is the correct word for Ace's understanding of Signing Statements which are legal under the framework of US laws and I should note that the very law this whole article was written about which was the core of the Hamdan v Rumsfeld decision included a signing statement which carried no legal weight with the Supreme Court. Like I said to Fenian - what sort of authoritarian / fascist works within the framework of the laws and system of governance?

Your hate is unseemly. This is just an Internet board - you should get a grip on your emotions.

Draft saved Draft deleted