1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And Kevin Spacey goes to my boycott list.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Good stuff - hate these grand stand plays by Hollywood types that think their bigger than the country.

Although far worse than the Spacey mistep is the the Kennedy family oil company accepting cheap oil from Chavez.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

BINGO!

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Spacey is a good actor. Maybe he was just acting like he's pals with Chavez. He could be a Dick Cheney plant.
    Give the guy a break.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

OK. Can somebody explain what's wrong with developing a program to provide cheaper heating oil for poor people?

5. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Other than the inflammatory rhetoric - a hallmark of all Latin American and South American despots, including the ones we installed ourselves - what's Chavez ever actually done to us? Was Spacey violating some sort of cultural blockade, or arts embargo?

6. He was making professional hysterics hysterical.
    I expect a Sense of the Senate resolution any day now.
    He was making professional hysterics hysterical.
    I expect a Sense of the Senate resolution any day now.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Plus, they said he went to see some new filmmaking company or something Chavez had made. Seems like something an actor might want to do.

markvid, I think you're way off here. But if it's how you feel...

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

At someone point in his life, Marvid had spoken to a man that is racist. Under Marks rules of meet and greets, Mark is a racist.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

The same reason it would be important it an actor or actress were to meet with, say, Fred Phelps or the president of the John Birch Society.

10. When Fred Phelps or a Bircher gets elected to lead an entire country, give us a call.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Relevance?

12. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I wonder if people who boycott actors and actresses for things like this have homes that are free of products made in China.

Draft saved Draft deleted