1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And here I thought Wal*Mart had everything!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Madhavok, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

As of late, I've been trying to upgrade my DVD collection, sparingly. You know, a movie here and there and the occasional diving into the $3.99 bin at the local K or Wal*marts.

So last night I trek to the local Wally world after work to snag a few things. One of the few things was Garden State; not the best movie of 2004, but a decent one with a good soundtrack.

One would think a major store like Wal*Mart would have this movie. But nope. It had 8,000 copies of 'Jersey Girl', probably 3,000 copies of 'How to lose a guy in 10 days', and way too many copies of 'Two for the Money'; but no Garden State. I searched through the regular DVD area: no luck. Searched the various $9.99, $6.49, $7.55 racks: no luck. Dove into the 'Two-for-$6.99-bin: no luck. I finally asked someone for help as a last resort and was surprised when the lady had no clue as to what I was even talking about. I guess I should have went toTarget.

The trip wasn't a total lost as I came home with the 30th anniv. edition of 'Blazing Saddles' ,'Spaceballs', and 'The Fifth Element' but I really wanted Garden State for some reason.

Anyone else with some disappointing trips to the store?

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Why on earth would you think Wal-Mart has "everything"?

Any trip to Wal-Mart is disappointing--which is why I never go.

3. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

The main reason why I went there was for car wax, oil, windshield fluid and some other things. I usually go to Wally World/Target once every two months for those things because it's cheaper than most places. I also watched the South Park episode with Wall*Mart and it sort of made light of the situation.

4. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Are those versions edited at all? I've always been under the impression that any movie at Wal-Mart was edited for language and sexuality, because, you know, Wal-Mart is a family store. If I'm wrong, let me know. Not that I'll go shop there for movies, but if I'm in the store, I'll look.

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Guess I'll have to shop for my copy of Garden State at Target this morning.

Damn those Arkansans. :mad:

And I don't think Wal-Mart edits products, they just choose not to sell them.

6. Terd Ferguson

Terd Ferguson Member

Here's what I don't get about Wal-Mart: They offer edited versions of some CDs, and in some cases don't carry particular CDs, but they stock the shelves with DVDs like Sex In The City, Stop Snitchin (or something like that) from The Game, etc. WTF?

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

They also sell Maxim and FHM -- they do at our local Wally World, anyway.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

jr jr the Walmart czar

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Careful, Idaho. Wal-Mart has disappeared people for a lot less.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

No movie I've ever gotten from Wal-Mart has been edited, and they sell some outrageous ones for a family store, like the unedited version of American Pie, Girl Next Door, etc.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

;D

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Wal-Mart does have everything.

A LITTLE BIT of everything.

You can get TVs there . . . a horsecrap selection.

You can get soda there . . . a horsecrap selection.

You can get furniture there . . . a horsecrap selection.

And so on.

Draft saved Draft deleted