1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Anchorman 2" planned

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BigSleeper, May 5, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

From the Byron Hadley of the board, Ferrell can wear that comment like a badge of honor.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

thirded.

3. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Does any comedy really NEED a sequel? Of course not. Yet since most comedies are throw away in nature, a sequel doesn't kill the the first.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And 1.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I liked Anchorman a lot, but it doesn't need a sequel.

6. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Agree 100%. His next funny performance will be his first.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

They already made a second movie. They took a bunch of deleted scenes from the first movie and turned it into a whole second movie, by adding a few scenes from the first one as well. Totally different plot. Some really funny shit in there. I know I'm not the only one who has it.

8. Now that's funny.

9. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I was JUST going to post the same thing.

It's called "Wake Up, Ron Burgundy" and is a 90-minute movie composed solely of stuff edited out of the original. It was part of a two-disc release available only at Best Buy.

Pretty funny, plus Chuck D. has a starring role -- always a bonus in my book.

10. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Anchorman 2 will be a waste of time and movie money. But hey, they made six Rockys. Anything's possible.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Anchorman 2: The cable years. Ron Burgundy, down on his luck, takes a job with an upstart cable news outlet based in the south. His job is to mostly kill time between the noon news and the evening news by interviewing zookeepers, 100-year-old birthday people and and kids taking the tour of the newsroom when he's not transfixed on a highway pursuit in California or a live shot from a war zone. He'd eventually get his big comeback break and go cover the war (complete with bush jacket) and let the comedy ensue. They could make it work.

I agree about the general sentiment though. Ferrell is best as a sideman, rather than a leading man. Though he was good in Stranger than Fiction. His movies have underperformed of late.

12. Quiz: Which of his movies made the most at the box office?

EDIT: Movies with him in the starring role, so don't guess Austin Powers or Wedding Crashers.

Draft saved Draft deleted