1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Analyst: Gas prices to top $3.75 nationwide this spring

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

but we will no longer waste oil and global warming will be a thing of the past / Ariana Huffington

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

http://lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Bookmarked. Interesting site.

4. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

We were also supposed to have bad hurricane seasons the last two summers that would drive prices above $5 a gallon because the oil infrastructure could be damaged.

We were supposed to have $4 a gallon in the fall because of record demand.

Exactly.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Two months ago they were saying $4 by the end of the year. I paid $2.83/gallon the last time I filled up. Spring? Sorry, I'm just not seeing it. We'll get there eventually, but it will be incrementally, not in one huge short-term spike.

7. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I discovered this site several years ago, and I was pretty depressed for a while afterwards. I got over it. It's not all that objective. But I think it's an important read because it presents a lot of material for thought. Just don't take it as the end all, be all.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

And when we do, we'll be fucked. Because most of us are making the same money we were when gas was less than two bucks a gallon.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

You got enough cash to vacation at the Fort Meyers Howard Johnson's, you got enough money to pay for gas.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Good point. :D

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

And when it does, Bush will probably come out and have one of his urgent calls for a) new oil exploration or 2) new tax breaks for companies creating alternative fuel sources.

And the next week, he'll have forgotten he ever said it.

Oh, and they'll be similar results from the typical Congressional posturing.

12. WS

WS Member

I love how the dumbass tells us we need to find new alternative fuels, but doesn't have the slightest idea as to what to do about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted