1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anaheim Angels question

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Henderson's a tough hitter. I hope McNamara doesn't bring in Donnie Moore.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It was Gene Mauch, not McNamara, but your heart was in the right place.

Wait 'til the Angels sign big Mo Vaughn. He'll show this team what a winning attitude means.

3. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Did you guys hear Chuck Finley got married last weekend? Those two seem meant for each other.

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. poindexter

I heard a rumor that Disney is going to buy the Angels from Jackie Autry. They are going to merge entertainment and sports like nobody before. Dixieland jazz bands on the dugouts! ESPN West!!

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Once the bloody Queen of England's been to a game, all other spectacles pale in comparison.

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The Scioscia-Napoli mentor-mentee relationship, one catcher to the other, will be the stuff of legend.

poindexter likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Ah, shit, I was mixing up,the ALCS and the World Series with Buckner for a moment.

Anyways, that Belinsky fellow has a world of talent. If only he relaxed by going out once in a while.

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Now that Arte Moreno owns the team, the Angels won't be making any stupid free agent signings.

9. poindexter

I know Moreno just signed Pujols to a big, back-ended, 10 year deal, but the Angels will get 5-6 years off prime Pujols, then some slight decline. But look at the star power he brings! I just heard Cowherd on ESPN radio - Cowherd loves the deal!

Donny in his element likes this.
  10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If they can get past the Orioles, I really like their chances against the Pirates.

11. poindexter

I went to game two of that ALCS in Baltimore, and game 6 of the World Series. I still can't believe my parents broke down and bought tickets.

12. poindexter

Only an idiot manager would prefer Jeff Mathis to a Napoli, so the Angels are good to go.

Draft saved Draft deleted