1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An SJ.com tradition: Favorite Halloween candy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Oct 30, 2006.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Whatever happened to the 64-entry candy tournament we had running once upon a time?

IIRC, Nutrageous had a helluva draw.

2. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Last week I bought a butt-load of Snickers, Baby Ruth and $100,000 bars. I have a football team in the state playoffs with a 6 p.m. kick tonight.
    Guess I'm just going to have to eat them by myself.

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I will be placing an order. Wax lips are in my future.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Candy corn.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

And now Page 2 is doing a "Candy Bracket." When was the last time they had an original idea?

And leave it to the dumbass Page 2 editors to think that there can be a "first annual" anything. It's "inaugural," geniuses. ::)

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I don't know if they still even make the shit, but I used to buy the 1,000 Dollar or 10,000 Dollar (or was it 1,000,000 Dollar?) chocolate bars every morning at the train station in high school.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

No, but I will now.
    Anyway, just back from the store. Almond Joys and a mixed bag of chocolate were purchased. So I was standing in the candy aisle and a momma was griping to an old woman about how she couldn't buy candy with nuts in it. Something about how some of the kids in school were allergic to peanuts. So I turn and chat. I was like, it's weird, when I was kid I don't remember anyone being allergic to nuts. And the momma looked at me and said "that's because they all died."
    And I just cracked up. I'm still laughing.

9. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

I have found an underappreciated favorite - vanilla Charleston Chews. If the damn trick-or-treaters don't come to our house, I may eat them all!

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Knowing the parents, they'll probably have plenty of M&Ms ... peanut and plain. Maybe some Necco wafers (I showed my stepfather the website where he could order them since they're not available in our corner of the world).

I'm slotting, and I brought plenty of Hershey's Dark Chocolate Kisses. Lots of bike time for eating these ...

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

We got Reeses, MnMs (peanut..kiss it allergies), Snickers, Mike n Ikes, and Hot Tamales. We have lots of kids in our neighborhood, but I've been craving sweets lately, so I think many of the hot tamales and reeses will end up staying at the bottom of the bag and not handed out.

12. GoZags!!

GoZags!! Member

There is almost no reason for any other candy! ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted