1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An SJ.com tradition: Favorite Halloween candy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

And if kids don't come around tomorrow night to clear out the bag I bought, that's fine ... more DOTS left for me!

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think I still have some of those stuck to my teeth from Halloween 1976.

3. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Reeses peanut butter cups (thank you, Ledbetter), junior mints and York peppermint patties.

4. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

We have the same taste in candy. Love Junior Mints, they're "very refreshing!"

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I'm with Oz on this, except I couldn't buy any because I'd eat them all before the kids got there. I love those things!

6. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Have you eve <I>had</I> a junior mint?

7. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Reeses and Snickers. Both kinds of leftovers go into the freezer . . . nothing better than frozen Reeses or Snickers.

[​IMG]

People go to Fenians for the fun . . . and the pieces of flair!

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Snickers, Milky Way, 100 Grand and Smarties. Twix rule too and I wish I could find one of my old favorites ... Marathon candy bar. Awesome!

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I looked everywhere for Carmel Apple Suckers the other day. I can't find them anywhere. They were my favorites in college. We'd buy them after Halloween and eat them in class for weeks. It took an entire class period just to get through the carmel to the sucker.

10. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I don't remember the site, but out on the interweb a place sells retro candy. Just about everything you can't find now, is still made and sold somewhere.
    So if you really want it, you can still get it.
    Wax lips and wax bottles rule. I also liked the candy jewelry. The little sugar discs strung on a piece of elastic and they could be worn as bracelets or necklaces. Ring pops as well.
    I remember when people still gave away homemade stuff. I also remember going to the local hospital and getting everything x-rayed to see if it had razorblades or needles stuck inside the popcorn ball or caramel apples.

12. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Smarties, acckkk!

Just throw them away with the no-name circus peanuts.

Draft saved Draft deleted