1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An Interesting Take on Bush Presidency

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, May 15, 2007.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I really couldn't care less to be honest. Approval ratings are meaningless in many ways but I've heard Fenian throw the phrase "Mr. 33 percent" in reference to Bush enough to know that it matters to the lefties (at least as long as they are low)....

And I don't believe this congress will ever see its approval ratings skyrocket because there are way too many conservative democrats in it to keep the party's lunatic fringe happy.......

2. Gold

Gold Active Member

zag: "Congress" may have a low approval rating, but few Members of Congress have a 29 percent approval rating in their own district. If you know anything about Congressional polling over the past 30 years, most people don't blame their own Member of Congress, the man or woman who brings federal funds for local highway improvements and new post office buildings and congratulates students getting appointed to military academies, etc.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Don't confuse liberals with history Boom.

Bush is evil. Let's just let it go at that and if anyone disagrees, censor.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

We will accept not necessarily evil but dimwitted and being controlled by sinister forces, however.

Carry on.

5. Mmac

Mmac Guest

Yep, that's a basic psychological trait that helps perpetuate the flawed system. Everybody knows Congress has been shamefully corrupted by special interest money, but most people operate under the delusion that THEIR congressman is one of the few good ones, and its all those other guys that need to go.

6. Gold

Gold Active Member

Yawn: I have forgotten more history than you will learn in 500 years.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

FDR was never depicted in a wheelchair. Nope, we'll be having none of that.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I bet your history is a hell of a read, ahem.

Draft saved Draft deleted