1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An essay by S.L. Price on the making and journey of a sportswriter

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Double Down, Jul 28, 2007.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I tried to find that book at Borders yesterday, but the store's database did not acknowledge its existence. Amazon came through this morning, though.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Aside from being a total 'Cane homer when he was at SI, Price has been pretty damn good no matter what gig he's had.

3. Very good piece, remind me to pull it up when winter rolls around again...

4. jessyto27

jessyto27 New Member

I think S.L Price really loves sports and of course writing. I hope someday I will see him and have some talks about his achievements in order for me to have an inspiration. He is one of the greatest essayists.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Jessy - just spend a few days reading his stuff in the SI.com archives.
    He's one of the best writers around, whatever the category. Don't know how many times I'd be reading an article and turn back to the front to find out who wrote it, only to find Scott's byline.
    He never gets in the way of the story.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I'm a firm believer that when it comes to writing a definitive profile about a guy you've ready plenty about in the past, Price executes and opens more doors than any other writer.

His Urban Meyer piece a few months ago is a tremendous example. He had a whole bunch about his health problems and stress levels before Meyer's condition even was public.

These days, Price is the rock of consistency Sports Illustrated stands on.

Draft saved Draft deleted