1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An epiphany

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

In a perfect world, you demonstrate your faith by living life the way you're supposed to, by treating everyone with kindness and generosity. That means more than any number of prayers recited by rote while you think of this weekend's football picks, no matter where you are.

But specific to the Catholic faith is the belief that Jesus Christ is present in the form of communion, which is the reason you go to an actual Mass.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I believe my kids should be raised with a sense of spirituality, because I believe it is important to have inner peace and that sense that we are all connected -- one ocean, many drops of water -- helped me find peace when I had my "epiphany". But I think religion can be a great hindrance to spirituality, and that's why I only gained the latter when I lost the former.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Did you know the Holy Roman Empire was neither of the three?

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

When I moved up to Maine to live with my mother, she had ideas about having me go to church with her and her husband. I refused. She was going to insist. I was just as adamant about NOT going.

I didn't end up going at all.

Of course, I was 16 at the time...

Draft saved Draft deleted