1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

an anti-gift card piece

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Dec 8, 2007.

1. EE94

EE94 Guest

wait til you're married a few years. Much easier for both of you to accept that your previous gift choices have been brutal and realize that giogn through the whole exchange process just isn't worth it.
    Here's the cash, sweetheart, go nuts. Has made both of us happier.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

that was awesome.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I get what Frank's saying - that gift cards are a cop-out for a real gift - but in some cases they work. For those who like music or books, but you don't know what your recipient has, it works like a charm.

I had to move my stuff twice this year and, at the risk of sounding like a teenager or someone who doesn't care, I'd rather have cash. Short of ordering another jersey or two, not exactly a life necessity, I lack for very little.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I like getting cards cause I can put them toward actual necessities or things I would have to spend money on in the future. I'm appreciative cause it helps me (a poor recent graduate) and it's something the gifter doesn't feel like they wasted his/her money on.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That is phenomenal. I believe I'll be handing these out at my annual Festivus party in a couple weeks.

Thank you, sir.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted