1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An Andy Katz geography lesson

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spinning27, Jul 27, 2006.

1. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

From his Daily Word item today on Nebraska's Barry Collier considering going to Butler to be the AD:

"That's why assistant coach Scott Spinelli left Nebraska for instate rival Wichita State for a similar position."

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

lol. ;D ;D ;D

3. Johnny Drama

Johnny Drama Member

Says the two douchebags who have never made a minor error in print

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Kid in the office i just left once wrote a blurb on the "instate rivalry" between Virginia and West Virginia ... technically correct at one time, of course, but long before any of us was born.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Johnny:

Wazzzzzzzzzzzup?

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

You guys are the dumbasses. In the fine print of the Kansas-Nebraska act was the trade of Wichita to Nebraska for two cities to be named later.

7. alexg23

alexg23 Member

Beyond the obvious geographic miscue, that sentence is another prime example of the tortured Katzian prose style. While yes, we all have made similar stupid errors in print, I hope few of us treat the English language on a consistent basis with such contempt.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

There's a "West" Virginia? Outrageous man.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

That's a shocking error.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

i am one douchebag who has made plenty of mistakes over 28 years in the biz. but not knowing what state a city is in is not among them, nor is it what i'd label as "minor." :eek: :eek: :eek:

11. markvid

markvid Guest

It's close to Ohio, Pennsylvania Maryland and Virginia. It's hilly, has rivers, steel and coal industry.
    And a BCS contender. ;D

12. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Isn't that where Deliverance and Deliverance 2005, er, Wrong Turn were based?

Draft saved Draft deleted