1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An American Tragedy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by farmerjerome, Mar 15, 2007.

1. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

So Dr. J shows up at my work the other day and decides to take me out to dinner.

Keep in mind the only thing nearby are fast food joints. I decided on McDonalds over BK or Wendy's because of the Shamrock Shake. I had completely forgot about it, but a girl at work had one the other day.

We get there, and the bitch at the counter says they're not serving them until Friday.

This was Monday. What is March without one Mickey D's Shamrock Shake.

Ugh.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Re: An American Tragety

That is a tragety.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

wouldn't that be a Mctragedy? ???

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Thouight that was a No. 4 combo -- large sized

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

The state I currently live in doesn't even SELL the fucking Shamrock Shake. Oh, how I long for one.

Fuck you, regional decisions!

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Hey, I've been waiting four years for the return of the Cheddar Melt....

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What's a Shamrock Shake?

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Oh, Inky. Google it.

It's like the mint grasshopper crack of shakes. Love those things. Used to get one every Saturday when I was growing up and I'd go to my dad's work to spend the afternoon while my mom did the books. Chicken McNuggets and a Shamrock Shake...spring in Independence, Ohio.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

It's not at every McDonald's. And it's the only reason to go into a McDonald's.

[​IMG]

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I wonder if Shamrock, Texas (only 150 or so miles from the ding dong daddies in Dumas) has shamrock shakes. Probably not.

There are no shamrock shakes in the Teutonic purgatory where I am at the moment. Shamrock shakes are about as Celtic as Ho Chi Minh, but as far as Yankee kitsch on St. Patrick's day goes, I'll take a shamrock shake over Bud Light dyed green. Or that bullshit Killian's Irish (!!) Red, made by the douchenozzles at Coors.

Here's a real fucking tragety: all the FOUR LEAF CLOVERS being used to represent Ireland and/or St. Patrick's Day. It's a shamrock, bitches! Three leaves! Comes from St. Patrick using the shamrock to explain the concept of the Trinity. Three motherfucking leaves, or, if you're Canadian, three gosh-darn leafs! Stop with the four-leaf clovers, for if ye don't I will torment ye and after I'm dead me ghost'll haunt ye!

12. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

I thought we were going to get a Theodore Dreiser reference about the diaries of Chester Gillette -- the real-life model for Dreiser's main character Clyde Griffiths in "An American Tragedy" -- being donated to Hamilton College.

Boy, was I wrong. Perhaps I should have saved that reference for the Jeopardy thread that I'm currently taking shots on. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted