1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An amazing story about how much one mistake can do

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SF_Express, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I want the T-shirt!

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The story may be six years old. But United sucks as much as it did back then, so what has changed?

3. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

The Exchange can disallow trades based on widespread false news, and has done so occasionally. That doesn't mean they have to this time, but it wouldn't surprise me.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Doesn't look like NASDAQ will disallow all trades. The penny trade apparently was nullified, but those who bailed at the $3 or $4 range will not get relief. The stock opened today at $12.16.

Here's the ticker of the stock's trading today.

Also, here's a priceless quote from the president of the investment newsletter company that published the recycled article. Bloomberg uses articles from the company and other third-party sources to supplement its newswire.

If he's lucky, his newsletter only suffers a drop in circulation.

5. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Or already have been killed and eaten.

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

This one smells. Some lawyers are going to jump all over. And I also want the T-shirt.

Draft saved Draft deleted