1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amy Winehouse.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Mar 18, 2007.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I'd consider an Amy Winehouse anus avatar, but for decency's sake, I should probably stick with the 1970s Rangers cap. Considering how the Rangers played for most of that decade, it's basically the same thing, anyway.

2. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

What a fucked up society we live in. The bigger Winehouse was hot. The smaller version looks like a bedraggled crack whore.

On the music -- and I've only heard the "Rehab" song -- she kind of strikes me as what might happen if Fiona Apple took her meds or if Norah Jones wasn't such a nerd.

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Hmm, I'd have to say Amy's balloon knot and the 1970s Rangers are about even in terms of success. Ms. Winehouse's anus probably sees its share of good times and bad times. I could elaborate here, but I think we can all imagine what sort of good times and bad times those might be.

In eight seasons in Arlington during the 1970s, the Rangers finished above .500 four times, below .500 four times. They were abysmal during their debut season under Ted Williams and set a club record for losses (105) next year under Herzog. But the next year, Billy Martin's "Turnaround Gang" did well. They finished five games behind eventual champ Oakland, while Hargrove earned AL ROY and Jenkins won the AL Comeback Player Award. And the freaky 1977 club (four managers in one season) set a team record for wins (94) that stood until 1999.

The 1970s Rangers: like Amy Winehouse's pujol, often enduring indignity, but enjoying glory on occasion.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

her anus, i guess.

5. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

ding ding ding! She definitely sounds like Fiona Apple........

6. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Who wants to see a picture of Mrs. Winehouse watching her husband blow his nose? :)
    http://www.tmz.com/2007/06/05/amy-winehouse-to-hubby-snot-funny/

7. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

That picture settles it...the 'after' Winehouse is hideous...

8. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

If you thought that picture was bad, check this out: http://www.tmz.com/2007/05/30/amy-winehouse-is-a-marked-woman/

9. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

That's nothing. Look at this:

http://www.dlisted.com/node/9758

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yikes. They're all bad photos.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Meeth! :D

12. I've heard her perform only on MTV's Movie Awards, but I wasn't impressed.
    And the whole time, I was looking at her thighs going, "Eewww...they aren't any bigger than her ankles."

Draft saved Draft deleted