1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amy Schumer on finding self confidence

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Mercury's poisoning. We're saying the same thing.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

SFIND likes this.
  5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Norton said in an interview he always has a female open for him. When he was here in December they brought in a female feature to do 25 minutes before he went on.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Humor's in the eye of the beholder. I think she's pretty funny.

More to the point, Schumer's comedy is sex-obsessed, which is sort of what TV/Hollywood comedy tend to embrace most. Dane Cook had a good run on that and he's so unfunny and self-centered I couldn't stand three minutes of him.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

Schumer's sex-driven humor is smartly written though. Dane Cook was just a gyrating boob on stage.

8. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Do you remember her name?

I've seen Norton several times, but most were just Comedy Cellar sets. I saw him open for Dice Clay in Vegas and then the show with Schumer.

I think he's done a lot of co-headlining gigs over the years with people like Burr, Vos, Attel, Artie Lange. I do seem to remember he had Bonnie McFarlane opening for him at one point, but I missed that tour.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

Girl out of Charlotte named Blayr Nias. Nice person and funny. The talent company just sent her up to do the weekend so she wasn't his regular opening act.

10. RecoveringJournalist

I saw Attel a few years ago and they had some local comedian open for him. The guy was just a hack and when he introduced Attel, he came up there and said, "Give it up for ..." and made this face that put everybody on the floor.

It lets you know how lucky New Yorkers are because if you go into the Cellar on a Monday night, Attel and Norton are probably both there. I went in once and it was Attel, Patrice, Keith Robinson, Norton, Colin Quinn, Artie Lange and a couple guys I didn't know.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

A lot of touring acts like local hacks because they're safe. They'll do 10 minutes of non-threatening "what's up with airline food, AMIRITE?" material and then exit so the big boy comics can do their thing. If you're strong and you work with a headliner that person may request you not work the weekend they are bacl because they don't to follow you.

12. RecoveringJournalist

Draft saved Draft deleted