1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amway Arena

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HeinekenMan, Dec 7, 2006.

1. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Apparently, the Orlando Magic are going to announce the naming rights to their current stadium. It's going to be Amway Arena, as in the company founded by the team's owner. The announcement is to come on Thursday.

What kind of promotional nights can we expect? Can I get a discount if I buy the four-gallon tub of popcorn? And, if I sell that popcorn to the guy sitting next to me, am I obligated to give 20 percent to the concessions folks?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

your popcorn will be made in China, but the people who sold it to you will pray for you a lot...

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

For group sale discounts, the person actually making the order will be required to make a presentation for floor cleaner, though that person also will be required not to tell his or her group the true nature of the visit until they show up.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Amway people are the creepiest people around.

5. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Actually, the creepiest people are those who do the online version of Amway. It doesn't even have the name recognition. A guy from college contacted me two years after I had last spoken to him to ask if he could come by to tell me about the new company he started. I thought the guy had turned his life around. Then I discovered that he was selling Amway.

6. Then you can all drive home to that Catholic compound Monaghan's building in Florida.

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Now, will you have to cough up for a PSL and a six-digit GOP contribution to get the primo seats?

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

And a compound it is, in one of the wealthiest parts of the country. For the blue-blooded Catholics only, I reckon.

Draft saved Draft deleted