1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amish School Shooting

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Many are. Not to mention the harassment they take from us modern folk. What is it called, klaping? I've lived near the Amish hearts of Ohio, Indiana and Wisconsin and it was pretty commonplace. The worst incidents of klaping are when Amish buggies are deliberately driven off the road.

2. There was also that one where the local hoods threw a brick into one of the buggies and killed an infant. It got press -- and a TV-movie -- because the Amish wouldn't cooperate with the government even to the point of ID'ing the assailant.

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I used to work in a county that had a decent-sized Amish community. They were always very personable to me when I dealt with them on stories and to the community at large. Many people seemed protective of them.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

Why don't these fuckers kill themselves first and save everyone else a lot of heartache?

5. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Actually FB, it's not remotely about the guns. It's all about the human element. A gun has yet to walk out the door by itself and shoot someone.

6. Bubbler

That person has to have access to a gun in the first place, so its a little about the guns.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

my only reaction.......

now might be six children dead -- three at the scene, three passing at the hospital.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

8. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Just turned on the TV, Fox News reported that the shooter was a 32-year-old milk man -- not Amish -- and the shooting was revenge for something that happened 20 years ago or so.

WTF!

I hope the bastard rots in Hell! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

9. Bubbler

Since he killed people who choose to live life with 18th Century mores, perhaps his punishment should befit 18th Century mores.

What was the punishment some unfortunate at Salem suffered? Pressed to death my heavy stones? Something like that.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

Unfortunately, Bubbler, as in with most of this cases, the pussy took the easy way out, just too bad he didn't use the first bullet on what little brains he had.

11. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Bubbler, the TV folks are reporting the <expletive deleted> bastard shot himself dead. But I think pressing him to death with heavy stones is too light a punishment.

There's always the old drawn and quartered punishment. Or......

Put him in stocks, cover him with honey on a hot, hot day, then leave him to the ants, bugs and any other creature wandering by. Check back in a week to see what's left.

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Do it to his corpse.

Draft saved Draft deleted