1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amish Buggy Buggering Bust

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PCLoadLetter, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

One seven zero zero, party over, outta time

2. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Apparently the exception has something to do with the cell phone not being tied to a line. Landlines, for example, are forbidden. I worked in a place with a large Amish community several years ago, and it was weird to see Amish-dressed kids in the stands at a basketball game...texting on their phones.

The Amish community across the country is also very close-knit, and apparently when that Amish school shooting happened some years back, most of the Amish knew about it even before the news hit the wires. That cell-phone thing again.

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Bizarro moment: The last guy to see the Amish shooter before he went on the rampage is a construction builder, and I had to interview him for a story once. I didn't realize this until afterward, when I ran his name through Google and the story popped up.

4. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

High school kids haven't joined the church, yet. They have a little more latitude when it comes to technology/machinery.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

There was a good Cold Case episode about Rumspringge

Draft saved Draft deleted