1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

America's Next Top Model

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Feb 28, 2007.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Just watching the season premiere of cycle 8 of ANTM. When the promos said the girls were bitchy... they were NOT lying.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

My Tivo is set to record this Sunday night, so I'll see it when I get off work that night.

Couldn't get it tonight because of AI.

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I'm happy with the contestants other than the bitchiness for the most part. There, as always, some ghettorific girls, some uptight girls, some fake girls, and some country girls. Most importantly though, they're ALL bitchy girls. :D

4. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Got a kick out of the mail-order bride. However, I don't know if it's just the fact that it was the first shoot, but the contestants didn't seem as if they were into the mood of the whole thing.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I HATE the mail-order bride. In fact, she's the only reason I needed to put "for the most part" in my last post.

6. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

This season's got a good, distinctive array of personalities.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

This show is hilarious every time I see it.

And Banks amuses me. I love how on her talk show, she had the Dove girls on: "Today we're celebrating REAL BEAUTY!"

And on the next Top Model, watch a bunch of anoerexic ladies get catty as they attempt to prove which can be the skinniest and cattiest among them.

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Wow. I only got 48 minutes of this weeks episode, but am SO disappointed with the outcome. Get rid of the stupid mail order bride. I hope next week is makeover week because damn... these girls need new looks.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Watching it now. I can't think of many girls on this season that I like. Jaslene? Boo. Natasha? Double boo. Brittany? Shut up. Renee? You're not NEARLY as good as you think you are.

I probably like Whitney the best. Show 'em, big girl!

10. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Agreed on Whitney. I favor Jael, as well. While she's not conventionally attractive, her looks translate so well with the camera.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I like Jael, but her voice freaks me out. I can't help it.

12. girl friday

girl friday Member

her voice bugs me out too. just weird.

Draft saved Draft deleted