1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Music Awards

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bagelchick, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

And yet, dying wasn't enough to beat Taylor Swift.

2. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Did you watch the 1988 NBA Finals?

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yup. It was nothing more than a "Hey, look at me!" debacle. And whoever's idea it was to put him on last needs to be fired. Immediately. It pretty much ruined a good show. Bitter I stayed up for the entire thing.

And this Lady Gaga character....WTF?

Oh, and could Carrie Underwood look any hotter? Good lord. She may be my new No. 1 seed.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

No. I was three years old.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. JackReacher

Big difference between what happened on the AMAs and the Magic-Isiah thing. Just sayin'.....

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

And yet when it happened, it was suddenly THE major story of the Finals.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. JackReacher

Not the point, 21, if I'm reading correctly. Mustang's comment made me think he hates man-on-man kissing, the full-blown kind of kissing that was on display at the AMAs. Big difference between that and Magic-Isiah's peck; one being less disgusting than the other in Mustang's eyes, I think.

Don't think Mustang was arguing that it wasn't a major story coming out of last night's show.

Edit: Maybe I'm confused by what people are saying. Definitely a possiblity. My head feels like it's clogged with 233 pounds of snot, and I've been in THE most boring meetings all morning.

Carry on...

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

AP Photo.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I suppose it can be seen as progress where more people were disturbed by the kiss than by Jermain thanking Allah :)

Seriously, when people quit getting worked up about same sex kisses on TV is about the same time that it will probably quit happening.

I would rather not see 2 dudes kissing but it falls into the "I really don't give a rat's ass" cathegiory for me.

I was too busy trying to figure out what exactly Alicia Keys had dangling by her girlie parts and why she wanted me to look there.

11. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Let me guess, you are perfectly OK with two women kissing though?

12. JackReacher

Interesting. Given the females who participated in the show last night...if you had to pick two.....ahhh, my brain might explode....nevermind.

Draft saved Draft deleted